Monday, March 28, 2011

Passing the time

I sat for months twiddling my thumbs in my new house, with my new husband and nothing to do.  The house can only get so clean, there is only so much laundry to do, you can only lay out at the pool so many times before you look like leather and there are only some many books you can read (and we don't have TV, so you know I REALLY had nothing to do).  During my nothingness I began to notice the growing number of girlfriends with buns in the oven.  So I pulled out some supplies...



There was one little problem....this stupid sewing machine!  Beyond watching my mom mend clothes and make one really BAD pair of shorts for my dance performance, I really didn't have much experience with sewing.  Unless you count sewing a bag for Home Economics class in 6th grade.  Despite the whole not sewing thing, I was determined to sew craft. 
 I took all that the good lord gave me (hands) and began.
ties for the men folk
with matching initial burp cloth

And for the ladies a little flower


Mr. Sewing Machine and I didn't are working on get along, but Ms. Needle and I are getting along famously.  In my attempts to make amends with Mr. SM, I just made my first Lovey.
Straight edges are much easier to do :)
The goal here is cute&crafty, but my needle and I are still in the crafty&crappy range ......work in progress

1 comment:

  1. Nice Amy...as a stay at home mom I can definitely tell you to enjoy the time you have now,alone,anyway crafting is awesome as well as cooking your own homemade everything(well almost)here is a great blog I think you may enjoy:passionate homemaking..it will give you some great info on nutrition and cooking,cooking/baking all your own stuff will keep you busy and provide unsurpassed nutrition

    ReplyDelete