Thursday, August 17, 2017

6 weeks

We have lived here a total of 6 weeks at this point and we are 4 weeks into the actual work.  Since I posted last, a lot of work has been done, but it's not the kind that looks like progress is being made.  All the plumbing is done, we ended up rewiring almost the entire house and installed a new electrical panel, we got all new duct work for our hvac system, the windows are installed, the old windows have been patched, all of the old drywall and installation has been completely removed and HUGE shout out to Tim on that!!  He has single handedly done about 90% of our demo.  We are on our 3rd dumpster and the first 2 alone weighed 13 tons!!  Yes, 13 TONS or 26,000 lbs and that doesn't even count this 3rd dumpster.

We are hopefully about 3 weeks away from being able to move in, that means electricity, air conditioning, separate bedrooms...um, er, privacy....starting to unpack and no more construction mess!  There will still be a ton of work, but I couldn't be more excited.  To say this has been a test of my inner strength is BEYOND an understatement.  All things considered, things are going pretty well.  I  feel totally fine and like I'm awesome until suddenly I am not.  About once every 2 weeks it gets to me and I feel like I'm going to die from this mess.  I can't even recall the entire situation, but the water and electricity were turned off for the day, Lulu pooped on the floor and the boys were fighting and I thought I was going to lose it.  I took a  pillow behind the boxes and SCREAMED.  You guys, my throat hurt for 2 days, but on the up side I didn't kill anyone.

Note: when I watched the video I realized  I used the word "I" instead of "We" on a few things.  This is definitely a WE situation.  Tim works hard all day to pay for this and then comes home and slaves away on the house.  I am blessed beyond measure to have this guy.  Whenever he is struggling with the back breaking labor, I remind him, if only he was little bit stronger, then the work wouldn't be so hard.  I know, he's blessed to have me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment