Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Now and Then


When I see my fat little elephant I am filled with love, contentment and thanks.  It's funny to look back and think about life a year ago, or even 2-3 years ago.  I could have never imagined all that God had in store for me and now our family.

  One year ago, Tim and I went to a Halloween party as Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife.  It looked a little something like this :)


We were crazy excited to meet that little basketball in my belly, nervous about all things first time parents get nervous about, but most of all I think we were both in a bit of shock and awe.  Due to "not so great" news from doctors, we had prepared ourselves to never have biological children and begin to pursue the idea of adoption in the future.  So here we are, 5+ months along and finally showing......this was more real than we could believe!

Two years ago, Tim and I were just settling into married life.  I was adjusting to life in Hawaii and he was adjusting to a woman in his home who kept organizing and moving things around.  Life seemed like a bit of a dream, we had only KNOWN each other less than a year.  Yes, known.  Not dated, not married, but actually met less than a year prior and here we were happily married. 

Three years ago Tim and I didn't exist in each others worlds.  It was about this time that I got a call from Betsy saying she had "met my husband" at a Halloween party. *Insert my eye roll.  Betsy had on many occasions tried to find a proper suitor for me.  She, like any happily married friend wanted to help me.  I will say over the years, her attempts got closer and closer.  However, when she called I was sort of seeing someone and I couldn't imagine that this stranger living across the world could really be "the one".....Well, well, well was I wrong!  After Betsy's persistence and Tim's pursuit of me, a stranger.  I thought, well, I guess I can agree to this date.  After all, he's paying to fly me to visit Betsy and take me on a date....umm, ok!?  Needless to say,  three months later we were engaged and 4 months later we were married.

I am continually in a state of shock in awe when I look at my life.  God has always been faithful. He has been faithful in the little things and in the big things.  Even when I am undeserving of it.  In my best efforts, I  could not have planned my life as perfectly as He has put it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment