Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our First Fall

This fall has been absolutely wonderful!  My heart is full of all the things I long for during this time of year.  It has been filled with apple orchards, pumpkin patches, train rides, old friends, new friends, long drives, Amish furniture, quaint small towns, wood burning fires places and lots of baking!  After every adventure I mean to blog, but alas life gets away from me. And if I'm being totally honest, sometimes the addition of T.V. into our lives for the first time in our marriage gets a bit addicting....I'm hoping the novelty wears off really soon or I may be putting my self on restriction.  Anyway, here is the overview in pictures........



Apple Orchard:  On my last post I showed pics of our family outing to an apple orchard, but T.J. and I went a second time with my new friend Marisa and her little one Evie.  This time we went to Larriland Farms.  It was perfect.  A big red barn, petting zoo and orchards on rolling hills as far as the eye could see.  My only disappointment is that I didn't get more of the Mitsu (the apple T.J. is holding) apples.





Fall Festival and Pumpkin Patch:  The Coans joined us which meant T.J. got to hangout with his best buddy Oliver!  It is so fun to watch these two together.  They are so delightfully different and it's fun to watch them interact with each other.



 It was so fun to set the boys up for pictures.  I was able to catch one of Oliver when he kept tasting the pumpkin over and over!





Trains and the Amish:  I have decided that driving to Lancaster is my favorite thing to do.  There is something so simple and beautiful about driving through 'Amish country' not to mention totally intriguing (AND the Pottery Barn Outlet is a nice incentive)!!  On this trip we went to the Strasburg Train Museum.  We didn't go to the actual museum, but we did buy tickets for the real train.  It was a really lovely ride with lots of beautiful farm land to look at.

T.J. was completely memorized by the train!



Not sure if you can read this, but the 'General Conditions' were pretty funny; no spitting tabacco, check your pistol and men shoveling and pushing snow :)

This is the Amish treasure we came home with.  I was so excited!  Highchairs are so unsightly and when you only have 4 chairs, you can't give one up for booster, so this was PERFECT!



Cold Weather Alert:  With winter at our door step it was time to start preparing.  How better than a cute knit owl hat and mittens....I mean come on, could this get any better?


1 comment:

  1. I love that my hometown is your favorite place to visit. We need to coordinate a trip so I can show you all my favorite things in Lancaster. Most don't involve the Amish. You are such a tourist : )

    ReplyDelete