Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

Our thanksgiving was wonderful!  The week was filled with friends and family and all the things to be thankful for. 

It started the weekend before when one of my nearest and dearest, Skippy, came for a visit.  Tim took over on full-time baby duty so we could kick it like old times {aka: eating late at Applebee's and going to see Twilight....you know the super fancy kind of outings}.  It was the kind of weekend that is good for the soul.  I am so geeked that we now live "close" to each other. 

I had just enough time to change sheets, wash towels and get the final groceries bought before "Poppop" {aka Tim's dad} arrived.  Although T.J. has only seen Popop twice he warmed right up!  I really don't think there is anything sweeter than seeing grandparents {long past the time their body wants to cooperate} crawling around on the floor with grand babies.  Having Poppop with us was such a help!  I was able to get things ready for Thanksgiving and not have to worry about what T.J. put in his mouth or what he was getting into when the house suddenly went quiet.

 
Tim's sister Kim also came for Thanksgiving.  She was in charge of dessert...and did not disappoint!  Kim brought 3 pies for the 4 of us!  Let's just say I am still munching on pie :) 
 
 
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of Kim with T.J. except for this one...gotta love and Auntie who takes over on diaper duty.
 

The meal turned out great, I realize I am bragging by saying that, but I was really pleased with everything!  I choose a turkey breast instead of a full turkey since there was only the 4 of us.  I used a Barefoot Contessa recipe, best turkey I have ever had!  I grew up always having a large extended family Holidays, so it was a nice change of pace to have a small intimate meal. 


Places got set


 
Bibs where on
 
 
 
Dinner was served
 
 
 
Plates were full
 
All in all, there was a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment