Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Come On In!

I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for her series of "Come On In!"  This is my first time joining in.  I usually just stalk all the other participants homes like the true creeper I am :)



We moved to our house about a year and a half ago.  We haven't really done much of anything yet.  We have painted a 3 rooms, but that is it.  After moving from our 800 sq ft condo in Hawaii to a much larger home in Maryland, we have spent time/energy/money just trying to furnish this place.  Now that we have all of our major furniture the decorating will begin.  As I type these words Big Love and his bank account tremble in fear :)

Toady's feature is Kitchen & Dining Rooms


Kitchen: The overall view

This is the view from the family room.  One of my favorite things about our kitchen is that leads into the family room and deck.  The two main places you will find my babies playing at any given time depending on the season.
View into the family room

Overall, I love my kitchen.  I've always loved white kitchens.  The previous owners had recently replaced the appliances...thanks for the white kitchen with new stainless steel appliances and a new BLACK dishwasher!?  Oh how I hate this dishwasher.  I have looked into replacing the front panel, it isn't offered for this model.  I can't seem to convince Big Love it should be replaced based on color not function....ahh, I girl can try :)

In my dream kitchen I would have an island big enough for seating

Little Corners:

This is TJ's art corner/snack table.  However, after a recent wall/floor/carpet/brother art exhibition, the art supplies have been removed until further notice or complete attention from Mama ;)




Love our little wood high chair!



The fridge is always filled with my loves




Ok, so I pride myself on my honesty.  Honesty says, that although my kitchen does typically look like this, this counter does not.  It is usually filled with mail and all of life's randoms.  It can get really embarrassing over here.  I happen to have just had a dinner party so it was already clean!




Love my little window.  I spend a lot of time staring off into our back yard while I do the dishes.

Dining Room




View from the living room.  I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do in the room.  I don't mind the wall color, but the window treatments aren't my style.  I like the light fixture, but I can't figure out why they didn't center it?




All I have to say is THE TABLE, oh how I love the table.  What I love about this table is that it is a beast, solid wood.  It weighs a ton and is hand made from refurbished barn wood that was over 100 yrs old.  In the current configuration I have one of the company boards (extensions) on.  I normally have it set for 6, but with chairs at the ends.  If both boards are on it can comfortably fit 10 and if we use benches we can fit 12-14.  This is my forever table.




I love all the knots and gouges.  Beautiful, beautiful one of a kind character.



Well, that does it.  Thanks for stopping in and visiting our kitchen and dining room!

1 comment:

  1. But what about the rest of your house?? ;) Your kitchen and dining room are beautiful. (Now, get to working on that post about the rest of your house. Seriously...priorities, Amy.)

    ReplyDelete