Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gramp Randoms

Here are the randoms of our Gramp family this week:

1.  I love TJ's version of words these days.  Nothing makes me happier than asking him to repeat these words.  I act like I'm not sure what he said and I repeat the word.  He's always real serious and adds a head nod while he says it again :). Here are some of my personal favorites:
touch = truck
hell-topper = helicopter
farsher = parmesan
dammer = Grandma/Grandpa
*dammer is probably my favorite.  My parents where just visiting and he can say both of their names clearly, but chose 'dammer' as their interchangeable name

2.  I re-found these recently.  I haven't ordered them yet, but I imagine that they may be a motherhood life changer :)





3.  I just got this cute scarf and I love it.  I never find scarves I actually like, so I was so excited to wear it.  Problem is, it is impossible to wear a scarf as an accessory with babies.  The scarf ends up being eaten, choking me or just falling off.....then I end up looking like a hot mess which sort of defeats the purpose of wearing it.  I may be giving up on it for the foreseeable future.  I'm bummed but relieved at the same time.  Wearing these things kind of ,make me feel like I'm trying too hard anyway.



4.  Tim has been traveling for work quite a bit more in the last few months.  I think out of force of habit, I continue to make dinner every night....until last night.  Why was a making a full dinner for 1 1/2 people?  TJ would be just as happy if I handed him a cheese stick.  So last night we ate the following: garlic toast, blueberry muffin, peas and chips and guacamole.  It was delicious!  I think there may be a permanent change to our meal plans when Tim is traveling :)

5.  Diaper rash.  Horrible, horrible diaper rash.  This is new to me.  TJ has had an occasional red bum, but nothing like this.  Poor Gil.  After 2 weeks, every trick in the book, prescription strength butt paste {butt paste is in fact the name of the prescription} and airing out on towels {that are now forever changed} all day long, I think it is finally clearing up!

After a week of rain and being alone with the boys, we are so excited for Daddy to come home and play in the sunshine!  Hope you all have a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment